Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ward Party

We decided to attend a local church congregation (versus the English-speaking international ward) this year while we are in Taipei.  We have felt so welcomed, and they have already put us to work as teachers.  Today was a holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival), and the bishop had mentioned that he and some of the other leaders wanted to come by and bring us lunch, so we'd have a chance to get to know each other.  We thought this would be great, especially as we have a hard time remembering Chinese names.  Turns out that 40 people came, including a lot of kids, so we had a full house.  They brought all the food and did all the clean-up.  They even brought name tags, and we took pictures of everyone to quiz ourselves.  What a fun welcome to the ward!  Turns out that I had actually met three of the women 15 years ago when I was in Taiwan.  They remembered me, but it took me a while to place them.  However, I pulled out my pictures from way back then, and there they were!






No comments:

Post a Comment